Thursday, October 16, 2008

Music and More

Those who know me from the inside out know my passion for music. This blog will see many references to songs and musicians I admire and respect for their incredible talents. I have been lucky to have worked for (both from a monetary respect and out of friendship and admiration) very gifted entertainers. These include the men of the country music superstar group, Lonestar (from the days of John Rich, Richie McDonald, Dean Sams, Michael Britt and Keech Rainwater); my friend Tom Wurth; and Trace Adkins. Believing in the dreams of these individuals has consumed me for many years.

Things change, I may be as unmoving in my beliefs as that shining North Star, but the reality is things do move forward and we have to adjust.

Although John Rich moved on years ago from Lonestar, I still followed and do follow his career having been there at the filming of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy," as Big and Rich and anticipating his solo project. I always wish him the best.

Lonestar as a band changed again as Richie left and they brought in a new lead singer. Although I haven't had as many opportunities to see them all or experience their music like I did before, they still have my respect for their accomplishments and their gifts as vocalists and musicians. Lonestar has moved on to their own sound and Richie has both an inspirational out and a country project out in March.

Tom Wurth has been a friend for over eleven years and I am still convinced his music is just what county music is waiting to hear. A song like "Bread on the Table" (which had a fantastic response from the Music Row Chart) is a song of the time. Hopefully we will hear his music on radio again soon and in a big way. There is no other "voice" in my books as that of Tom Wurth.

No comments: